03 December 2010

I'm not a big crier. Part deux.

Alright. Remember this post? [pre-hiatus?]

Well, let me tell you a story. I'm still unresolved as to whether or not this is sad or not.


As of last night, I still hadn't seen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1.
Seriously.
Ridiculous, right?
It seemed like everyone but me went at midnight for the premiere and since I was the odd man out, I chose to be like Beck and go it alone.

All because I'm in the middle of receiving the silent treatment.
[Long story. Don't ask. I'm still upset about it.]

SO...

at 9:50, I drove myself up to Fiddler's to see HP7. Alone. By myself. Solo. ...and fine with it.
I fully expected to be the only one in the theater, and I was right.

So I picked the best center seat in the [empty] house and got comfy.
Like, so comfy I took up 3 seat to lounge and stretch out.
:)

The lights go down, the HP theme starts, and as soon as Hermione casts the Obliviate spell on her parents [not 5 minutes into the flick], I start to tear up.
Yup, I knew at this point that I should have worn waterproof mascara. Oops.

Well, I guess this might be a spoiler, but allow me to list all the times during the movie that I had tears in my eyes. And a rating as to how embarrassed I would have been lest someone else had been in the theater with me.
[Let's just rate it 1-5. 5 being the most embarrassed.]

-Hermione's spell on her parents.
Rating: 2
-When Hedwig protects Harry during their trip to The Burrow.
Rating: 2

-When Lupin and Kingsley are testing each other with the question about Dumbledore.
Rating: 4

[I don't know what it is about Lupin, but I was a mess every time he showed up in this movie.]
-When Mad Eye Moody died.
Rating: 2
-At the wedding, when Lupin grabs Harry and tells them to run.
Rating: 3.5

-When Harry, Ron and Hermione get to the Black House and Dumbledore's "ghost" appears.
Rating 2.5

-When Ron leaves.
Rating: 2.5

-When Hermione dances with Harry.
Rating: 4.5

[Seriously, I'm so glad no one was with me at this one. I was sniffling like a crack addict.]
-When Harry and Hermione visit Godric's Hollow and they find Harry's parent's headstone.
Rating: 3

-When Ron comes back.
Rating: 2

[At this point, I had dry eyes for a big chunk of the movie.]
-When Hermione is being tortured.
Rating: 1.5

-After the group escapes with Dobby's help, and Dobby is in Harry's arms.
Rating: 5.5

[I was a mess. Don't judge me. I've always loved Dobby.]

Yep. I'm glad no one saw me leave the theater. It was like 12:15am and I was probably the only person in the entire building that wasn't getting paid to be there.

At least I've finally seen the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment