I've only seen this movie all the way through once before. All the other times were just bits and pieces watched randomly over the years.
But I cried at the end today. The part where Forrest is talking to Jenny's grave.
[sigh]

And that got me thinking...what other movies have I cried in?
My Top 5 Movies That Make Me Cry:
5. Pearl Harbor
This one is very embarrassing. Please don't judge me. Last year at school, 4 of my roommates and I were up late [typical] and we put on a movie...at about 1 am. Of course it was a 3 hours movie. Well, needless to say, at the end where Josh Hartnett and Ben Affleck are in wherever and Josh Hartnett dies, we were all bawling into our pillows. Don't even repeat this story.
4. Remember The Titans
This one is much more forgivable than #5 [and #3 but I need to explain that one]. The final game. Coach Boone hugging huge Louis Lastik. And then when Gerry raises his hands in his hospital bed at the end. [sniffle]Gets me every time.
3. P.S. I Love You
Alright. Again. Unforgivable that I'd actually list this movie. But that part where what's-her-face is crying to her mom about being so lonely? Yeah. I can't help but feel so freakin lonely after that. Gah. She had what's-his-face-Irish-guy! I'd be sad too.
2. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
[SPOILER ALERT] Please tell me you've read/seen this one.
Dumbledore dies. DIES!! I wept during the wee hours of the morning when I read it. And the very first time I've ever cried in the movie theater was at the premiere of HP5. Quite momentous.
1. Toy Story 3
Yep. That was my childhood right there. Woody, Buzz, Rex, Slinky and the gang helped raise me. And when Andy goes to college, well...that couldn't have hit more close to home. I've been away from home for the last 17 months out of 23 and I'm going on a solid 7 months right now. That's the hardest I've ever cried during a movie and it was while sitting between Gavin and Ryon [who were also in tears]. Best movie of 2010.
i have way too many to list of my own. Being pregnant brought out the cry baby in me ..but the most recent is "August Rush" ahhh everytime. I watched pearl harbor last night and got teary..dont worry we all do it.
ReplyDeleteI watched Forrest Gump Sunday too! And I-CRY-EVERYTIME!!! Good crying list!!
ReplyDelete