18 November 2009

I'm a Watcher.

I am a self-proclaimed "movie snob". This really is only because A) I didn't like "Transformers". And because of that fact, ipso facto, I'm a snob. And B) I like what I like and it's just easier to use the word "snob" to explain that reasoning to people.

I have a strong-ish opinion of movies. I'd like to think I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to film. I love basically ANYTHING that Wes Anderson does. I really love Zach Braff's soundtrack choices. I think Woody Allen's sense of humor is hilarious and unique. That means I know my stuff, right? Sure.

This also means that because I usually go to movies that aren't necessarily widely released and I live in small time Cedar City, I am forced to wait to see new movies. I waited so long to see "Adam" that I now have to wait until it comes out on Redbox to see it. It's totally worth $1/per night. But I would have gladly paid $8 to see it on a Friday night.

Luckily over Thanksgiving break next week, I'll have more than just a Saturday to see all my movies. Color me excited.

First will probably be "An Education" with Carey Mulligan and Peter Sarsgaard. Written by Nick Hornby. And co-starring Rosamund Pike and Dominic Cooper. This has GOT to be good. Plus it has 93% on Rotten Tomatoes and won the Sundance Film Festival World Audience Award. I'm MORE than sold.


Next "Fantastic Mr. Fox" by Wes Anderson. Who doesn't love a Roald Dahl book transformed into a stop-motion movie starring the voices of George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Bill Murray and my personal FAVE Jason Schwartzmann?!
I know I do.
Plus the soundtrack is obviously going to be good. Anderson always loves some Rolling Stones and Kinks to boost up the scene which is always welcome.


Lastly, Philip Seymour Hoffman is one of my favorite actors by far. He's fantastic. And Rhys Darby [Murray from FOTC] is always top shelf. So I'll definitely be in line to see this one at The District [because I would never pass up memory foam stadium seating. Ever.] And this one has got to have a good soundtrack too. It's inevitable.


I'll have to write what I thought afterwards. And I'm also going to the Rooney show on Dec. 4th so that'll be worth bragging about.

No comments:

Post a Comment