23 July 2009

I'm Reuniting

So this is probably my own ignorance, but I kind of figured that once I went and moved away to school that I would really only keep in touch with a few people, and that if someone wanted to find me, they would. I mean, if I missed someone, I'd get a hold of them, right??

Well almost a year went by, I kept in touch with a few friends, wrote a couple missionaries and just assumed that no one really missed me at home. I moved hom for the summer, got my old job back and hung out with a couple friends, but didn't really make a big todo about it.

Cut to now.

I am having the time of my life reconnecting with old friends. Not that they fell off the face of the planet [although if you ask them, I was the one that did], but it seem like our lives just went in totally opposite directions. But I was wrong. Just like socks with sandals is wrong. We didn't go in opposite directions, we just took our own paths without thinking to connect them once in a while. Like an intersection. So now that that's changed, I see old friends constantly and I'm elated. I can't believe that I didn't make more of an effore to see these people. How did it take one birthday party to open this gate of joy and excitement again?
So thank you, Brooke, for being born and having a celebration to honor that journey through Britt's nether-region. It was literally a party to see my friends again. Especially that one who fixed the brakes the other night...I always have fun with him and can't believe that he's exactly the same.

So ask me what my plan is now. G'ahead, ask!! Here, I'll tell you what to say: "Taryn, what are you going to do now that you're getting ready to go back to Cedar?"
My answer: HANG OUT as much as possible and during school, I'm actually going to tell people/friends when I'm home. Last year's sneaking in and out of town didn't do anyone good at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment