I have broken some promises in the past, one of the most memorable being that I vowed to not cut my hair until I graduated college. Seeing as I half-assed SLCC for my first post-graduation year, I decided that the vow had a huge red VOID stamp on it and proceeded to chop off 13 inches of hair for the fauxhawk I'd always wanted. That decision was cool for the first 2 days, and then I regretted it once the line cook at Cafe Rio called me "Sir". [True story, Andrea laughed the whole meal and my pork tostada was ruined.]
Tonight at dinner, my dear Brooklyn and I have made another vow [that I was a little hesitant to agree to after the Fauxhawk Incident of '07]. We agreed that in 2 years [give or take], we would go to BYU together and finally go to school side by side. I would be working on my Master's at that point. But after convincing myself for years that I at least wanted a Master's degree, to actually be planning that course is unreal.
Now that I am finally a full-time student almost done with my Associate's, well on my way to a Bachelor's, and having dinner again with Brooklyn, I am as excited as 2 excited things to be planning things like Master's degrees and graduate school...
like a real adult. Heaven help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment